With a continuous market research and working side-by-side with high technology suppliers, FICOSA has developed a smart and compact communication platform to satisfy the increasing demand of telematic services in the vehicle. The TCU – Telematic Control Unit – platform comprises compact and cost effective solutions to enable security, safety and infotainment applications in the vehicle. Furthermore, the TCU product family is designed to minimize the installation costs and maximize system robustness in case of accident and external manipulation. The TCU is state-of-the-art OBU (on board unit).
Main characteristics and benefits:
- Linux based.
- 3G and 4G connectivity available.
- Cost effective and compact electronic design.
- Optimal design and performance of integrated antennas with the option of external antennas.
- Easy installation, only one connector to the vehicle.
- System robustness in case of accident and external manipulation thanks to integrated antennas in the same module.
- Automotive conformance.
- Crash detection and airbag deployment: Able to detect crash and airbag deployment by CAN bus and also by external and dedicated wire.
- With several power saving modes (ON, Sleep & Deep Sleep Modes).
- Europe Ecall ready.
- ERA-GLONASS ready.
- Bcall, Point Of Interest Download, Map updating… All by an USB connection.
- WiFi hotspot connection.
- CAN communications for vehicle CAN and for multimedia CAN (2 CAN ports).
- Backup battery for security and safety services.
- GNSS capability (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, Beidou…).
- It’s a totally scalable solution, so it can grow with your business (up to 6 CAN buses, Ethernet connection…).