IEEE 802.11p is an enhancement to the IEEE 802.11 standard for “vehicle to vehicle” and “vechile to infrastructure” communications, required to support Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications.
The Advanced Communications Business Unit of Ficosa International develops V2X systems with integrated antennas based on fractal technology. V2X modules allow internal and external communications within the vehicle integrating various telecommunication technologies, such as V2X communications, CAN bus, WiFi, and positioning systems, in a single unit.
Minimum HMI interface is included in the box. A LED bar and a speaker warn the driver on impending dangers.
The Ficosa Retrofit V2X Unit (FITAX) is a highly compact and cost-effective design capable of supporting Car to Car and Car to Infrastructure communications, WiFi and location services.
Additionally, the FITAX can be expanded with a custom human-machine interface through its WiFi connecting to an APP in a tablet or Smartphone device.
- Day One applications tailored to the desired user interface.
- EEBL – Emergency Electronic Brake Light
- RWW – Road Works Warning
- AEV – Approaching Emergency Vehicle
- SVA – Stationary Vehicle Ahead Function
- Software update
- Custom services
- GNSS receiver
- LED bar & Speaker
- Crypto engine included
- CAN 2.0b & Wheel pulse interface
- V2X, GNSS and WiFi integrated antennas
- Cost-effective and compact design
- Easy to install in retrofit vehicles
- Automotive Qualified
FITAX1 (with rear antenna)
- Same as FITAX0 plus compensated rear antenna